Sorenson Genomics Careers
We offer exciting challenges, diverse employment opportunities and great benefits in the field of human genomics.
Why work for us?
We offer our employees a culture of innovation and opportunity—one in which they draw on their talents and develop new skills. Our enterprises are built on creative ideas and we encourage employees to look for "the better way" to accomplish goals and make our products and services more effective and efficient. Sorenson Genomics encourages integrity, accountability and teamwork.
We strive to draw upon the full range of our employees' abilities and expect employees to solve problems and consistently accomplish goals.
At Sorenson Genomics, we recognize that people are individuals and have different lifestyles, so we work to design benefits that meet both individual and group needs.
Sorenson Genomics values the contribution diversity brings to our workplace. Our management and employees are committed to expanding workforce diversity. Sorenson Genomics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Current Career Openings
Seeking a highly-motivated and dedicated individual to join our information systems team. This individual will be primarily responsible for developing, integrating, deploying and supporting the information systems that facilitate order entry, order status inquiry and order fulfillment. Our environment is a mix of off the shelf and in-house developed solutions. Experience at a molecular biology or molecular pathology laboratory is highly desirable.
- Develop and Maintain Data Entry Systems
- Develop and Maintain Customer Facing Web Portals
- Develop and Maintain Data Movement and Synchronization Systems
- Maintain and Administer Source Code Repository
- Experience with one or more application development technologies (C#, Java)
- Experience writing applications that interact with back-end databases
- Ability to interact with and gather requirements from non-technical personnel
- Demonstrable history of task and project completion
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or 3+ years of relevant experience
- Understanding of genetic laboratory testing procedures
- Experience developing SOAP / REST interfaces
- Experience with Linux
- Experience developing against a Microsoft SQL Server backend
- LEAN/Six Sigma certification or project participation
Qualified candidates may submit resume and hourly rate to email@example.com. In order for your resume to be considered, please include INFORMATION SYSTEMS in the subject line of your email.
CASE ANALYST I
Sorenson Genomics, seeks to fill a position for CASE ANALYST I. Successful candidate will perform genotyping and sequencing analysis. Experience using GeneMapper genotyping software a plus. Other lab duties as directed.
- BS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biology or related field
- 1 year experience in laboratory
- Knowledge of molecular biology testing, analysis and reporting.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents, standards and procedures.
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to deal with large volumes of data.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Highly skilled in the use of computers and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong working knowledge of human genetics statistics and analysis methodologies.
- 2 years experience in a human DNA testing lab as a lab technician.
- Certification as Medical Technologist, Medical Laboratory Technician or Bioanalyst.
Applicants with credentials and experience that exceed the above will be considered for a level of Case Analyst II.
Qualified candidates may submit resume to JOBS@SDIHQ.COM. In order for your resume to be considered, please include CASE ANALYST in the subject line of your E-mail.